About Me

My Photo
Lillian-Juda Leonard-Beach
I am a Blogger, web & graphic designer, girlfriend, student, model, nurses aid, night owl, friend of 420, activist, Catholic, Buddhist, yoga follower, survivalist, friend, daughter, Canadian, Atlantan, strawberry blonde spaz, with a kind heart.
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, June 6, 2010

The first self-replicating species, made from a computer.

"This is the first self-replicating species that we've had on the planet, who's parent is a computer."

So I wanted to post this video to get an idea of what people think about this. 


With this we are on the path to create new walks of life. Is it that far in the future, that we'll have creature-robots performing all mundane tasks? So what do you think?


Let me say, I am on the fence. I think this is a wonderful science explosion of knowledge. BUT (big but, like giant but), I think this is something that humanity is not ready for. I think that humanity, as a whole, is unable and incapable to be able to keep this knowledge, without it getting COMPLETELY out of hand. 


Jo brought up a good point of, "they are looking to create cures." We don't need to create cures, these diseases have come from nature. Nature can cure them, we just don't know what nature works best. Put the money into developing natural, god and nature made cures. 


I don't know what to think, but I know we're not ready. Because remember, (comming from a semi-scientist), it's not the scientists you have to worry about, we're just dreamers, it's the people with the money you gotta' look out for. 


I invite everyone to comment, but I do have to ask,


Play nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment