About Me

My Photo
Lillian-Juda Leonard-Beach
I am a Blogger, web & graphic designer, girlfriend, student, model, nurses aid, night owl, friend of 420, activist, Catholic, Buddhist, yoga follower, survivalist, friend, daughter, Canadian, Atlantan, strawberry blonde spaz, with a kind heart.
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, June 24, 2010

Meditation Monday *Late Edition* - Guided Sacral Chakra Meditation

Late Edition! 
Ok so, I have decided to start a small linky on Mondays called, Meditation Monday. I know everyone has the kids running around now that's schools out so this will be a short, weekly post, followed by a video, and summed up with things to keep in mind or tips. Each post will be a daily way to relive stress and live better in under 15 mins.
Everyone is welcome to join the linky. The only thing I ask is you make a post about something to do with meditation, yoga, mental exercise, ect. And that you post the Meditation Monday button on the post. (code provided) No video is required for linky posts.
Now on to this week's Meditation Monday.




the mini Beach bird - Meditation Monday

Week 2 - Sacral Chakra Meditation and Cleansing


 For those who are new to meditation (which I think most of my readers are), I am going to try and explain the best I can. If you ever have any questions or need help, please feel free to leave a comment with your email and I will try to get back to you asap.

If this is your first time stopping by Meditation Monday, I invite you to read Breathing Techniques and Week 1 - Root Chakra.
When practicing your daily meditation, it is important to be able to set aside your "here and now" life and your meditation life. Now, I know your thinking, Yeah, well you don't have kids lady. and I know it will sound very daunting, but it is a very important aspect of meditation, and often if you are successful in you endeavor to separate these two lives, your meditation will most likely be deeper and more helpful to you.

I am not saying, if you can't do it at all, don't do it. Really, if you can practice meditation at all, your doing better than a lot of people.

Now, with that being said, we will now look into Chakra Meditation
Generally, you look at the chakras from bottom to top. There are seven (7) main body chakras. (The rest are for the advanced category, and I don't even know them all) We are going to look at the first seven, then you should have enough knoledge to expand into the other five on your own.
For more info on all seven, click here.
This week's entry:


Last week, we talked about the first chakra, call the Root. This week we will be discussing the 2nd chakra, the Sacral Chakra, also known as the Belly Chakra or Swadhisthana. The Sacral chakra is located two inches below the navel and is rooted to the back of the spine. This chakra is responsible for feelings of sexuality, creativity, intuition, and self-worth. It is also know for the drive of creativity and controlling patterns.


Like I mentioned in the post last week, when looking at it from a personality traits perspective, a person with an active sacral chakra may be very sexually driven or have a problem controlling themselves in general. I personally will atest to sacral chakra problems, I have colitis and the condition it self is often tied to this chakra in particular, due to being unable to control internal stress.

Now when I tell you to do these, your gonna look at me funny, but just do it:
  1. To get the initial energy flowing, stand up and rotate your pelvis back and forth, front to back, and rotate around in a circular motion, as fluid as possible for about 1 min.
  2. Relax your entire body (still standing).
  3. Now, sit in lotus posistion. (Often know as indian-style or cross-legged.)
  4. Place your hands, palm facing the sky, on your knees. (Hands should be just laid on your knees)
  5. Remember to stay as relaxed as possible.
  6. Take five deep, long, engaging breathes. See my post Breathing to relieve stress)
  7. Now click play! (The video runs about 7 mins, I strongly suggest completing the entire video for meditation.) I suggest this because of the Sacral Chakra having a tendency to be easily effected by stimuli.


Now that you've watched the video, do you feel any better?

Most people tend to ignore their chakras out of habit. This is a HORRIBLE practice! I should know. If you find yourself being really stressed out, and not being able to eat, or maybe even feeling nausea, this is a great way to help yourself out.

Meditation tip:
Ok, so I will say it, when meditating around this chakra you may, in fact, notice a stronger sexual drive. This is natural and perfectly ok reaction. This is also a GREAT exercise if you are looking to increase your sex drive naturally.



Futher Reading: The Chakra Bible by Patricia Mercier
Once again, I love easy reference books. If you enjoy them as well, you'll love this one. This is also a great guide to get started. It's very in depth and will help you with a more broad understanding.

My Grade:
B+ Great book for strongly interested individuals.


0 comments:

Post a Comment