About Me

My Photo
Lillian-Juda Leonard-Beach
I am a Blogger, web & graphic designer, girlfriend, student, model, nurses aid, night owl, friend of 420, activist, Catholic, Buddhist, yoga follower, survivalist, friend, daughter, Canadian, Atlantan, strawberry blonde spaz, with a kind heart.
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, June 27, 2010

Meditation Monday - Guided Solar Plexus Chakra Meditation





the mini Beach bird - Meditation Monday

Week 3 - Solar Plexus Chakra Meditation and Cleansing


 For those who are new to meditation (which I think most of my readers are), I am going to try and explain the best I can. If you ever have any questions or need help, please feel free to leave a comment with your email and I will try to get back to you asap.

If this is your first time stopping by Meditation Monday, I invite you to read Breathing TechniquesWeek 1 - Root Chakra, and Week 2 - Sacral Chakra.
Now, with that being said, we will now look into Chakra Meditation
Generally, you look at the chakras from bottom to top. There are seven (7) main body chakras. (The rest are for the advanced category, and I don't even know them all) We are going to look at the first seven, then you should have enough knoledge to expand into the other five on your own.
For more info on all seven, click here.
This week's entry:


So far we have looked at the Root and Sacral Chakras. This week were going to study the Solar Plexus. The Solar Plexus is the third chakra and is also known as the Manipura. The Solar Plexus is located two inches below the breast bone, in the center, behind the stomach. This chakra is in connection with mental understanding of emotional life as well as holding the information of self-esteem and self-image.

From a personality perspective, people with an over active Solar Plexus can be very egotistical and have an urge to "one-up" people. Interestingly, people with a dysfunctional third chakra often have diabetes and/or a large amount of food allergies. This chakra is also involved with colitis and colon disease.

Let's get started:
  1. To start your meditation, stand and rotate your stomach in a circular motion, (not unlike belly-dancing motions).
  2. Relax your entire body (still standing).
  3. Now, sit in lotus posistion. (Often know as indian-style or cross-legged.)
  4. Place your hands, palm facing the sky, on your knees. (Hands should be just laid on your knees)
  5. Remember to stay as relaxed as possible.
  6. Take five deep, long, engaging breathes. See my post Breathing to relieve stress)
  7. Now click play! (The video runs about 4 mins, I strongly suggest completing the entire video for meditation.) I suggest this because of the Solar Plexus Chakra having a tendency to be easily effected by stimuli.


Now that you've watched the video, do you feel any better?

A cool thing with this chakra is you can meditate with your kids! Try doing the Twist or playing hula hoop, both are a great way to massage any stagnant energy within this area.

Meditation tip:
If you notice your child is having a hard time making friends, this might have something to do with it. Try engaging your child in your meditations if possible. It will both help you grown, and often can help with the (now common) ADHD/ADD child.



Futher Reading: Seven Spirals: A Chakra Sutra for Kids by Denna Haiber
I LOVE this book. It's a great way to get your kids meditating early. Not only that, but it provides a great Kid-like description of the chakras that helped me understand better.

My Grade:
A+ I love this book, kids love this book, why don't you love this book?

1 comments:

Betsy (zen-mama.com) said...

Hi Lillian Juda! I've been on a trip all last week so I'm a little behind on the meditation mondays. I'll probably catch up next week!
Betsy

Post a Comment